Posts tagged with ‘Gran Turismo 5’
Look pretty sweet? This Gran Turismo chassis was made by HumanRacing and will be given away for free to the winner of the Racer X Challenge, which will be taking place close to San Diego Comic-Con on July 12th.
Winning the chassis also gets you a chance to enter Sony and Nissan’s joint challenge in the GT Academy National Finals- where 33 racers compete in Gran Turismo 5 and driving real cars to debut into the professional racing (stunt and otherwise) world, with Spike TV documenting the road to victory for whomever wins.
Will this be your claim to fame?
Details on Gran Turismo 5's Spec 2.0 Update and Upcoming DLC
Sony and Polyphony Digital have announced an upcoming update to Gran Turismo 5, right when Forza 4 is about to launch.
The free Spec 2.0 update contains a bunch of new features which includes: improved physics and AI, shorter load times, and new NASCAR stock cars. You will also be able to race from the cockpit view of any car in the game - standard or otherwise.
Here’s the full list of improvements:
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars
- User control of the weather change feature
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings
- Spec 2.0 opening movie
- Improved UI usability and response
- Replay rewind and fast forward
- Ability to save during a race
- Online Lounge Expansion (Ability to narrow down car types via search, shuffle races)
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.)
- Expanded Photo travel features. You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar
- Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport
- Improved physics and AI
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel
The update will be coming at you October 11.
In addition to the update announcement, Polyphony’s Kazunori Yamauchi has announced upcoming DLC for the game will include a car pack, a track pack, and a racing gear pack.
(via: Game Informer)
Free Limited Edition DLC for Gran Turismo 5
According to a post on 4Gamer, Sony Computer Entertainment of Japan has announced a “Christmas present for Gran Turismo 5 fans”. This present includes the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640, a BMW M3 Coupe, and a Jaguar XJ13.
These “Chrome Line” cars will be available in the Playstation Store for free between December 24th and January 31st. There is no announcement made regarding what will happen after the deadline is met for these cars. [1up.]
Damage Patch for Gran Turismo 5
Just when you thought Gran Turismo 5 was done and no more work would be put into it, a damage patch and a few other patches will be released for the game. This “damage patch” will supposedly add new “mechanical damage options”.
Gran Turismo 5 Release Date Confirmed
Sony has finally confirmed a release date for Gran Turismo 5. The game is now expected for release on November 24th.
Last month, the game was delayed from its November 3rd release and was promised to be released before Christmas.
Gran Turismo 6 Under Development
Less than 24 hours after Polyphony Digital revealed that Gran Turismo 5 is finally finished, they have also revealed that Gran Turismo 6 is already in development.