Nintendo 3DS Launch Day Lineup
The Nintendo 3DS launches in North America on March 27. Are you excited? Well, I am. So, don’t rain on my parade, jerk. Nah, just kidding. Anyways, here are the first-party games that will be released on the 3DS (each of them will have a suggested retail value of $39.99):
- Pilotwings Resort, an aerial adventure featuring airplanes, hang gliders and rocket belts. Players soar above tropical Wuhu Island in 3D as they complete missions or snap pictures.
- Steel Diver, a submarine game that involves strategy and combat. The 3D visuals give players the sensation that they are looking into a miniature aquarium as they control the sub’s speed, depth and pitch, and fire torpedoes.
- nintendogs + cats, a game that lets players interact with realistic puppies – and kittens – in a variety of fun ways. There are three versions of the software, each with different starting breeds: French bulldog, toy poodle and golden retriever. But in each version players can unlock and enjoy more than 20 different breeds.
The third-party games that will be released on launch day will include:
- Super Street Fighter® IV 3D Edition from CAPCOM
- The Sims™ 3 from EA
- Madden NFL Football from EA SPORTS
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D from Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.
- LEGO® Star Wars® III: The Clone Wars™ from LucasArts™
- RIDGE RACER® 3D from NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
- Super Monkey Ball™ 3D from SEGA
- BUST-A-MOVE UNIVERSE™from Square-Enix, Inc.
- SAMURAI WARRIORS®: Chronicles from TECMO KOEI AMERICA Corp.
- Asphalt™ 3D from UBISOFT
- Combat of Giants™: Dinosaurs 3D from UBISOFT
- Rayman® 3D from UBISOFT
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Shadow Wars from UBISOFT
Oh, and Ocarina of Time 3D, Star Fox 64 3D, Kid Icarus Uprising, and new installments to the Mario Kart series are planned for release later this year. Be on the lookout!
For more information on the 3DS’ features, click here.